Tilly and the Buttons Freya dress

I got the book Stretch! as soon as it came out because I wanted to make the Joni dress. But then I got distracted by the Freya dress that was popping up all over the place. I normally don’t even like pleats on my chest! Yet a dress with pleats on my chest I had to make all of a sudden.

I had this lovely flower ponte from Textielstad (they don’t seem to have any left) and I kept thinking about Freya, so I traced it (which went surprisingly quick), cut it and sewed it up in about 2,5 hours. I was surprised when I held a finished garment in my hands after just two episodes of The Queen (I actually watch that show on repeat at the moment). It’s awfully short on me even though I added 3 inches to the hem. I might do something about that, but so far people seem to really like it so I’m keeping it as is at the moment.

I also made a cosy version to hang around in on the weekend:

This fabric is also from Textielstad and also seems to have sold out since then. It’s a thick embossed jersey. I lengthened this significantly. It’s so comfortable! I fell ill the day after making this and wore it while feeling miserable on the couch.

I really like the pattern. It’s well designed, everything comes together perfectly. I haven’t read the instructions, so I can’t comment on those. I’m looking forward to using this pattern to make some basic tops to use for layering.

Advertisements

Colette Myrna the Precioussssss edition

There it is! I finally used my precious Rifle Paper & Co Les Fleurs rayon. Took me over a year. When I finished my recent Colette Myrna I knew I had found the pattern for this fabric. I made no alterations to the pattern as I was really happy with the fit on my first version. I made some biastape to finish of the hem.

I used my pinking scissors for finishing the seams so I wouldn’t add any bulk. I did a rolled hem on the sleeves and neck:

I’m really happy with it. I kept looking down at my dress as I wore it today to see the beautiful fabric.

Zoe dress in Girl Charlee Jersey

I got the Zoe dress from Hazeltjes, a webshop in biological fabrics. It’s from Rosa P./Lillestoff and you can also find it here.

I thought it would pair perfectly with this Girl Charlee fabric I got in my SewHayleyJane box this month. The box arrived yesterday and I immediately washed and dried it and made this dress over the course of today. It’s really lovely jersey, firm, but with a nice drape. It was great to work with.

The pattern runs large, I went down a size, and I’m not really sure why there are darts in a jersey pattern. I do really like it though and am very happy with how this one turned out. I changed the neckline to more of a boatneck. I finally got my twin needling right and there is no tunneling on this dress! I set my stitch length to 3.5 and my tension to 2 and went really slow. Afterwards I gave my stitching a good press. I’ve done this on a couple of garments now and it seems to do the trick. I had to take a wedge out of the neckline because an earlier version had some gape, but that seems to be corrected now.

There’s enough fabric left to make a top for me and a dress for Hanna. I think I’m going to make a Freya top.