Burdastyle: and now the real thing

Remember this dress?

It was inspired by this Burdastyle dress:

I did not have enough fabric for the real thing, but I kept thinking about a white version of this dress and so I bought fabric and traced the pattern (I always put off tracing, but it’s never as bad as anticipated). I used my new rotary cutter and it made the proces of cutting so much faster. The pattern itself was easy to sew up. I didn’t use the instructions. My order of sewing has been firmly ingrained by my sewing teacher. I did read through the instructions to avoid making the same mistake I made with my Orsola (I sewed up the straps first, not the way to go). I sew up the entire front first, then the entire back, add sleeves, sew the sideseam in one continuous flow, finish neck, sleeves and hem.

I got the fabric from here. It’s called optical white and lovely to work with. The pattern calls for 3 metres, but because the fabric is broad I managed to cut it out of two metres instead. There was a slight cutting mishap on the front bodice, which I discovered after attaching the knot and skirt and then decided to fix by making a yoke.

I’m pretty happy with this dress. It’s nice for those inbetween seasons months, like March and October.

Will definitely make again. Maybe not with the yoke though 😉.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s